On the Verge


I have struggled all week with what to write about with all of the topics that are on my mind.

I carry a notebook in my bag for my all of my "ideas". I also use the notes and my voice memo app on my iPhone. Often times, I forget about of the things that I have added there so that I wouldn't forget.

Today, I wrote down two things: All in and On the Verge. I decided to go with On the Verge because I am on the verge of.... so many things!



I am a believer in energy, affirmations and mantras. I love to read blogs, books and signs that inspire me. I put signs of affirmation all around my house and in my office at work.

With all of these reminders of what I want to achieve, it makes me feel overwhelmed and at times, confused.

If you walked into my bedroom and my bathroom you might understand my ADHD (really, I have this, not self-diagnosed). Here is why:

In my bathroom, as part of my daily routine, I light a candle that goes along with my intention for the day. This helps create the energy that I want to give and receive.
Currently, I have my Brow (Third Eye) Chakra candle for wisdom, healing candle for when I am hurting and abundance candle for prosperity.

 A decent sized stack of books lay on my dresser. In no particular order they are: Love Warrior, You Are a BADASS, You Can Heal Your Life, The Power of Intention, Music and Mantra. Each of these books have either been completely read with copious amount of notes, and one or two that have been skimmed through.

When I look at the stack of books now, I can see why I am overwhelmed and confused. I want to be a Love Warrior Badass who can set intentions to heal my life with music and mantra. Sounds a little silly but really, those are a great list of adjectives that describe my journey.

So, what am I on the verge of? Am I on the verge of healing my pain? Of being a love warrior? Being a badass in my professional life?  Living a truly intentional life?

The truth is, I am on the verge of whatever I want to be. I have the tools and the mindset, now I just have to do it. Being on the verge isn't enough. Wanting to be happy, to be successful, to be loved. whatever it is that I want, I have to do more than want it. I have to make it happen.

Let's do this! How do we go from On the Verge to being where we want to be?

First things first. Be very intentional with your day. Even a small, baby step of focusing on one intention is a step. Realize that you will not solve all of your problems in one day.

Start with a quick five minute meditation (longer is great but for some, five minutes is all you have).

Find a quiet space where you can sit and relax.
Close your eyes and clear your thoughts.
Set your intention.
Picture what it looks like.
Be specific with your intention- see details, smells, textures.
Don't forget to breathe.
Show gratitude.

I am ready to stop being on the verge! How about you?

Be the light.
-LM

 






Comments

Popular Posts