As we enter 2018

 "Bless the energy that you have left behind. Bless it, wish it well.  Wish it its own freedom." - Adyashanti

Why leaving behind the negative energy of the past will give you freedom to live your life

I am like many people when a new year is upon us. I think of the events of the previous year and how I can make things different and better the next. I write a list and have great intentions of checking off a couple of my resolutions. But like many of us who have good intentions, I lose interest and move on with making the same bad choices or whatever it is over again. But what if this year I did something different? What if I actually worked at changing things in my life that I am unhappy with?

Can change be as simple as changing our thoughts and behavior? I don't believe so.
Change doesn't magically happen because we wish it to be. It takes work and it takes commitment.


Here's why:
I believe that all energy is a magnet for us. We all have baggage or negative energy that we wish to leave behind and never think about it again. But, in order to receive the positive energy that translates into positive change, we have to resolve the negative energy of the past. We can do this by blessing the energy, the experience and wish it well. Doing this, gives the resolution needed to move on.

Attracting the energy we want

We attract what we think, what we say to ourselves. If you say things to yourself like " I am a hot mess" or  "I am stressed out" or the like, what happens? You become and remain those things because that is what you keep telling yourself. It is the law of attraction. Use the law of attraction to your benefit and tell yourself how amazing you are. What a gift you are to the world!

2018 and beyond

As we enter into day three of this new year, forgive yourself, bless the baggage of the past and give yourself permission to live the awesome life you deserve.

Be open to and accept the new energy and new freedom to come. Remember that the keys to your happiness are no longer in somebody else's pocket from the past. They're in yours. What will you do with them?

I did not come up with this on my own but have found these words, these commandments to be profound enough to inspire real change. It is not an easy path to take. It is one I have been on and continue to practice every single day.

The past no longer serves me. I am worthy of all that I desire and I am resolving to continue to grow and change even when, especially when it is hard.

Breaking open is breaking through! 2018 is the year of breakthroughs for me, what will it be for you?

Om Shanti.
-LM




Comments

Popular Posts